I'm a girl

I'm a girl...though this may be an obvious statement, I've realised that I myself fail to fully comprehend this truth.
At times I try so hard to be on the other end of the spectrum trying to proove to the rest of the world, especially the male species that I too can do all the things they prove to have under their belts. I've seldom embraced and basked in the messy, beautiful, mysterious and hard-to-swallow realities of being a girl.
I recently just discovered that I'm a better baller than I am a centre, I really wish that this had been revealed earlier on in life and saved me from being in the Netball C-team and feeing worthless through primary school.
I guess the issue has always been the fact that I just didn't think it would be possible to have such a strong feminine presence and an alertness to a few "masculine traits".
So in the literal sense of my personality, I'd chill with a pack of lads for the entire day and not feel an inch of awkwardness and on the contrary I'd spend a day with a flock of ladies and half way through it I'd just feel overwhelmed by the emotional atmosphere these individuals carry...
Below is a short list of what I believe to be an explanation to my intrinsic nature:

I'm a girl
I sometimes laugh at a dying frog depending on which day of the month this ordeal would take place, if found on the wrong day I'd find myself crying at the sight.
At times I cry when I break a nail and on other days I really couldn't be bothered.
The very thing that angered me yesterday could very well make me happy today, numb tomorrow and be the joke of ages next week.
Believe it or not, I go through a million motions in a space of a day... I've given up trying to understand and explain this to the world and to my logical self.
I love stuffed animals, I cuddle up with them whenever I happen to find myself lying on my bed with no reason.
I'm an advocate for feminism, but a feminism that doesn't seek to constantly have women fighting for their place in society but one that acknowledges the glory women carry and allowing them to simply fit into their roles.
I looooovveeee nail polish, I love painting my nails and for some odd reason feeling dissatisfied with my nail colour when a friend walks into my room with a more glossy, coral polish on their nails.
I'm capable of craving chocolate, salad, lemons, strawberries and porridge all at once. Actually I fail to see anything wrong with this.
I wouldn't necessarily say that I love shopping but I can spend a day at the mall roaming in and out shops and at the end of my excursion find that all I really wanted to do was to spend the day at the park reading and journaling.
I often change 5 times before finally deciding on an outfit.
Oh yes I actually do believe that tripple chocolate mousse ice-cream, a chick flick, a blankie and a box of tissues (and a fresh pot of mint tea brewing in the mix) can heal a broken heart...oh rather these are a great start to the healing.

What you also may not know is that I'm brave, courageous and full of vigour.
I believe I can truly change a bit of this world and am set on a mission to do so.
I give off the loudest howl when the referee blows the offside whistle to a beautiful netter.
If given a chance, I could give Vin Diesel a run for his money and possibly his title in drag racing.
I'm more at ease with an oke telling me I've gained some mass and laughing it off than when a female brings up the topic.
I run up a hill like Mariah Carey in 8-inch heels and come down that very same cliff like a short-beautiful-braided version of Usain Bolt.
On some days I'd much rather jam games than do laundry or clean the house.
1,8/4 times in a month I'd choose Need for Speed over a high tea that will have me squeezing myself into a little black number on a beautiful Saturday morning.
I will occasionally throw around the "girls are such a mission to be in relationship with" line when hanging with the lads. 
I'd choose a 2013 Harley Davidson heritage softail classic over an SUV that will apparently be fit to transport all the world changers I hope to give birth to in the future.

I'm a beautiful mystery and I've given up the lab coat and test tubes as the apparatus to unravelling this very mystery. From here onwards, the aim is to enjoy me, stumble upon flaws and stop expecting the world to understand.

And here's to discovering more...

Signed: Love Soldier Leeray :)

Comments

  1. Yay for all of the honesty. The world is in desperate need of all of this. I've also felt a certain pressure to be something else just to impress those around me. But if we are ever to be better versions of ourselves it will have to start with acknowledging who we are, flaws and all
    Love yourself and love yourself hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! We've deprived ourselves of ourselves for too long. Life is waiting for us to throw away these stupid ideologies and embrace self, feed self (soul, body and mind) and love self!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts