When your fairytale is only just a tale

Through loving and being hurt multiple times I've learnt that I haven't lost anything, that I've gained more through heartache than I ever could if I wasn't faced with all the challenges that I've encountered. My fairytale love story didn't quite play out as I had imagined, but that doesn't define the outcome of the original story. I had to get to a place of believing that God desires a beautiful, well-scripted and mind-blowing love story for me more than I do for myself. Can you imagine how difficult it is to believe that when the current situation is counter-acting what God is saying. But over the past 3 months, I've learnt the hard way that God is involved in this unfolding story of mine, that He's actually hands on and that everything is going as planned. I've had to lay down anger, deal with disappointment and have God define love again to me. 1 Corinthians 13 has literally come alive and in it I've found a new meaning to love,the real meaning. I've had to fight against bitterness, hopelessness and fear of my story never being completed. I have seen my fairytale become an ordinary tale and slip away from my hands. In this time I've had to come to to this realisation:

That I'm gorgeous
I'm amazing
Loving and not being fully loved back has no bearing on the type of person you are or even your identity
That loves knows no end and that God is too good to be narrowed down down to one, two, three or even 10 bad experiences
My journey doesn't end because of a few rocks found along the way, all I have to do is jump over them and carry on walking
That God's plan for my life isn't shaken nor wavered and that it's still glorious and best fitting
Therefore I know and I know and I know that love will once again find me...the love that He has destined for me.

To love without reserve, to love without finding fault, to love like I know no pain, hurts and disappointments... To this I commit

So with this I encourage you to count your disappointments, heartaches and pains as blessings as they are just a stepping stone into the full glory of what God has destined for you.

The love soldier...Leeray :)

Comments

Popular Posts